Welcome to Pedal Power Speed Dating in association with Péarla na Mara.
Pedal Power is the World’s first ever Speed dating Bike! Our bike takes 6 girls and 6 guys on 10 minutes dates around the city whilst cycling!
It’s better that normal speed dating because you’re on the move! Girls stay in their seats, the guys move of course!
Book your Speed Pedal Bike here
Everything You Ever Needed to Know About Speed Dating with Pedal Power.
1. How does it actually work? An equal number of men and women take their seats in the Pedal Powered Bike, armed with a name tag and pieces of paper. You meet someone, you talk for 10 minutes, whilst cycling around the city and afterward you circle “yes” if you liked them or “no” if you didn’t. If you both circle “yes”, you get each others’ contact information in an email the next day. Sounds relatively painless, right?
2. And that’s fun for you? Totally! You get to make snap judgements on people (we’re humans, we all love to judge and you know it), and you also get to meet a ton of interesting people you never would otherwise.
3. So… what makes that different from online dating? When you date online, you pre-screen. You scrutinize over little things. “This person’s profile looks awesome but… oh. They love to watch reruns of ‘Making the Band?’ It can never work.”
4. Speed dating with Pedal Power gives you the chance to meet people who are also looking for a date, but instead of learning everything about them upfront, you have a conversation with them and see if you get along.
5. But I like pre-screening and scrutinizing! I deserve someone who is up to my standards. It’s good to have standards. Online dating can be a lot of fun, and can yield some great results. But sometimes it makes us forget that meeting people with different interests and different backgrounds is fun and exciting.
6. Okay, sounds great! Sign me up! How many friends should I bring? No friends! This is your dating life, go alone. Bringing friends along might help you feel relaxed going into the speed dating event, but it could result in the pack mentality. Yet, they somehow all convinced each other that no one there was good enough for them.
7. Right. Four friends is excessive. But surely it would be fun to just bring along one friend? It’s definitely better than going with a big group of friends, but keep in mind there could be a jealousy factor. It’s human nature for things to feel like a competition.
8. Okay, any last advice? Don’t take it too seriously! It’s just an hour of your life. You know you’ve spent much more time than that on How About We looking for a date. Spend the time enjoying talking to new and interesting people, rather than wondering whether or not each person you meet is your soul mate.
Contrary to what you might believe, you cannot tell that from ten minutes. If it doesn’t work out? No big deal. Those were six strangers. Try again with a completely different group of six strangers next week. Who knows what will happen? Okay, there you have it.
You are ready to go out and start speed dating!